Sunday, November 09, 2008

I invited her in

because sometimes, caring for someone's soul and challenging her entire world view and self identity is easier to do over coffee:a JW woman has been coming over for the past few weeks.
In times past, I've had the darndest time actually engaging in profitable dialogue with a Jehovah's Witness.
it's been a little bit better this time. a little.
this Thursday, Silvia and I start studying the Gospel of Mark together - - something I proposed to keep us from jump, jump, jumping from proof text to proof text.
Please pray for me, that as I talk with Silvia, that I would listen carefully, question thoughtfully, and faithfully handle God's word.
and pray that the Holy Spirit would work wonders. he does that. I need that.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Naomi, I will be praying for you!! I had some JWs over for coffee and donuts for 8 straight months. We would weekly "do battle" and it caused me to grow and learn how to share the gospel, combat error and reach out in love all at the same time. I hope it goes well with you. ( I never turned the JWs away but they eventually stopped coming.)

Unknown said...

good job Naomi.
and nice opener line...
:)