Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thursday we had family day and went downtown to get some roasted chestnuts . . . it's one of our favorite cold-weather-customs here in Pamplona.
On our way home I remembered that Malachai had is first school outing - - taking a bus to "observe the fall" in a nearby town the next day, and that I was supposed to pack a lunch for him; it was late when I remembered this but I had peanut butter and jelly at home, and I could send him with that . . . after a family pow-wow, however, we decided we should send him with chorizo on a baguette - - like all the other kids would have, so we swung by the grocery store, and went a bit over the grocery budget . . .

we're still working on fitting in!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! So did Malachai actually eat the whole thing?

Naomi Smith said...

oh yes, yes he did.