Saturday, October 27, 2007

I've established one thing this past week - - forced nesting doesn't
encourage the onset of labor. nope - - it doesn't work. true nesting is the overflow of a woman who is genuinely prepared to give birth; nesting, in and of itself does not actually make a woman ready to give birth. I think it's a bit like the good fruit/good tree images in Scripture.

on the positive end, I ("I " in the sense of "me and mom", mind you!) do have a defrosted freezer, my tomato plants are pulled and replaced with Jonny jump-ups, I am caught up on laundry, have made a cozy little moses basket out of a wooden chestnuts box that I salvaged from the farmers market, and I have two coffee cakes and a chocolate cake in my freezer (I'm scheming up a plan to have"come and meet and hold baby Selma" coffees with our friends and neighbors as a way to invite people into our home). I feel pretty good for being so miserable!

5 comments:

carol said...

When is your actual due date? I've been meaning to call you, but circumstances (and God) have intervened each time I have set aside to do so. Miss you.

lizandbunyan said...

um I think you were wrong about the nesting at least according to the e-mail I got today....Congratulations!

Cat said...

we're so delighted for you naomi! i'm so glad you have her to hold in your arms now! can't wait to meet her!

MyLifeWithTrent said...

Um... looks to me like it worked! Congratulations family!!!

Whitney said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all!